We can help you expand your idea into a unique and marketable commercial software product or suite. Depending on what stage you’re in, we can:
- Use rapid prototyping to bring your concept to life
- Develop and help brainstorm potentially patentable aspects of your concept
- Use the rapid prototypes to validate your concept
- Use the feedback from validation
Use the feedback from validation to enhance and further develop your concept. There are very costly and sometimes insurmountable problems that arise from not asking these questions or getting them wrong. We will make sure all the right questions are asked and can provide insight and experience into helping you answer them.
- Will the product be single-user or multi-user?
- Will the product be limited to use in one country, or multi-national?
- Will the product be constrained to particular technologies or platforms?
Great software product architecture withstands the test of time, and allows for the easy evolution of your product down its strategic path. Like the foundation under a house, it’s very difficult, costly and risky to change after the house is built.
The last thing your investors want to hear is ‘rewrite’. Sometimes rapidly changing technologies or markets demand it, but more often it’s the result of poor planning. BostonLogix will help ensure your product has a solid foundation now and for the future.
Product and Business Planning
Product Planning is a crucial step that can have more impact on your early success than any other. Grouping, modularizing, and prioritizing features correctly can have a tremendous impact on:
- Early Adopter acceptance
- Entry barriers to competition
- Gaining market share
It’s the difficult process of balancing time, money and features to achieve the highest quality and most rewarding results. Software product plans often dominate the business plan in the early stages of a company, so they need to be tightly aligned. BostonLogix has a wealth of experience establishing and managing this delicate balance.